ADVICE/WISDOM FROM 24 HOURS W/ THE HOCHHAUSERS
- •"Never post a photo of your feet on Instagram."-my mother
- •"In life, there are many situations."-my father, after I lamented about something or another. This was all he said.
- •"You should go into Vogue-don't wait for an interview-just march right in and ask for a job."My grandmother who, despite the fact that I am happily employed, thinks I should work in fashion and knows how it works.
- •"Put a yolk on it."-mom re: breakfast
- •"There is no such thing as a flat bowl."This caused a heated and lengthy family argument. It's true, though, and sounds kind of wise.
- •"When you go to a wedding, flirt with the men. It doesn't matter if you don't like them, just flirt. It's FUN."Grandma
- •"Take oregano oil"Everyone
- •"You should get your thyroid checked."Thanks
- •"If you like women, I'm not saying that you do, I am fine with that. What do I know? You could like women."Grandma Marilyn, again.
- •"Love goes away. Money does not."Guess who. Also, just factually inaccurate.
- •"It doesn't pay to worry."The best of the bunch from the best of the bunch: my grandfather.