DUETS FROM MUSICALS THAT ARE 🔛1⃣
Currently in my car crying to "Wheels of a Dream". How many musical theatre lists is too many? Spotify link//open.spotify.com/user/1210651641/playlist/0nLVX25WGvZa5D3JrExITB
- •Wheels of a Dream-RagtimeTry and get through this song without crying. Just try. It's impossible. We're all blessed to be living in the time of Audra McDonald.
- •One Second and a Million Miles-Bridges of Madison CountyDitto for Kelli O'Hara.
- •Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You-The Last Five YearsI've had to resist making a million lists about "The Last Five Years". After "Sweeney Todd", it's hands down my favorite musical. This number closes the show. Cathy sings as her first date with Jamie ends and Jamie sings as their divorce is finalized and he's leaving. Heart wrenching.
- •Unworthy of Your Love-AssassinsMy favorite musical number about Charles Manson and Jodie Foster! I prefer the Alexander Gemignani/Mary Catherine Garrison version but I can't find that on Spotify.
- •Fantine's Death: ConfrontationOriginal London cast for the win. Also, if you wanna sing this at karaoke, I am prepared to perform either part.
- •You're Nothing Without Me-City of AngelsIf you're ever mad at your best friend, listen to this!
- •Baby, Dream Your Dream-Sweet CharityAnd then listen to this with your best friend when you guys make up!
- •You and Me (But Mostly Me)-Book of MormonHere we see why Josh Gad and Andrew Rannells are just sensational. Chills from dem harmonies.
- •Fantasies Come True-Avenue QOkay, so this is technically a quartet but the message of the song is devastating and the harmonies are tight as hell. Worth a million listens.
- •Secondary Characters - [title of show]Such a great female power duet. It's one of my favorites.Suggested by @carolineschwartz
- •"Lily's Eyes" from The Secret GardenThis musical doesn't get the love it deserves! I had a very cathartic cry in my car while listening to Neville and Archibald duke it out through song a few weeks ago. Okay I was also singing while crying. I'm all about Mandy Pantinkin (same range I guess???)Suggested by @stamos
- •"Mushnik & Son" from Little Shop of HorrorsSomeone recently suggested to me that the songs cut from the film were not as good as the the score that remained. How dare they. HOW DARE THEY.Suggested by @fisackerly
- •"I'll Cover You" - RENTSuggested by @erichutchinson
- •"Take Me Or Leave Me" - RENTSuggested by @erichutchinson
- •What You Don't Know About Women - City of Angels"You are in need of a little enlightening on ladies and love but you can't see/what you don't know about women is frightening and you don't know nothing about me." Best badass Yes All Women duet ever.Suggested by @mandi
- •Legally Blonde from Legally Blonde!As underrated as The Secret Garden, TBQHSuggested by @LizWatson