HOW MY BROTHER AND SISTER TURNED ME INTO OUR MOTHER ON THIS DISNEYLAND TRIP
My brother (28), sister (12) , and I (26) are at Disneyland for two days without my mom. Within 10 minutes, they had turned me into her.
- •They will inexplicably hand me their passes once we're in the park.The 12 year old, fine, I get it. But the 28 year old?! YOU CAN HOLD THIS YOURSELF, EDDIE!
- •They hand me their souvenirs to hold and carry after they have bought them.My mom used to always go "I'm not a pack mule!!!" when we were kids at Disney World and we would just laugh it off. Yesterday, without even thinking of it, I said this to them and a chill passed through my body.
- •They ask me questions I couldn't possibly answer off the top of my head."Where are we going to sit during Fantasmic?" "Does the new Cars ride have any drops?" "Does that gift shop have phone cases??"
- •They have made the 4 minutes I'm alone in the bathroom feel like an hour long respite.
- •The minute we stepped into the park, they handed me the map and have refused to look at one since."I think you took us the wrong way. I don't see The Haunted Mansion." "Well, I don't see anyone else pulling out a map to help me SO DON'T BLAME ME WHEN WE GET LOST." Classic Mom.
- •They ask me to set the alarms in the morning and "wake them up".
- •I'm all of a sudden responsible for reminding everyone to put on sunscreen, drink water, and finding the nearest bathrooms.
- •So all in all, I guess when siblings get together someone has to assume the mother role and this is my destiny and worst nightmare.