MUSICAL THEATRE LYRICS THAT SPEAK TO MY SOUL
A bit stolen from @mia's beautiful Frank Sinatra list.
- •"I am not always on time. Please don't expect that from me. I will be late, but if you can just wait, I will make it eventually.""The Next Ten Minutes" in "The Last Five Years". I am always punctually challenged and also it takes me a long time to settle on my feelings.
- •"Want me more than others, not exclusively. That's the way it ought to be.""Marry Me a Little" in "Company". This whole song is just perfect.
- •"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right.""Last Midnight" in "Into the Woods". I AM ALWAYS RIGHT 100% OF THE TIME.
- •"I will not be the girl stuck at home in the 'burbs with baby, the dog, and the garden of herbs. I will not be the girl in the sensible shoes, pushing burgers and beer nuts and missing the clues.""Climbing Uphill" in "The Last Five Years"
- •"Cause getting your dreams, it's strange but it seems a little, well, complicated. There's a kind of...a sort of...cost. There's a couple of things that get...lost. There are bridges you cross, you didn't know you'd crossed until you crossed.""Thank Goodness" in "Wicked". TOO REAL.
- •"You had a way so familiar, I could not recognize cause you had blood on your face, I had blood in my eyes. But I could swear by your expression that the pain down in your soul was the same as the one down in mine.""Origin of Love" from "Hedwig and the Angry Inch"
- •"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and it's filled with people who are filled with shit.""Epiphany" in "Sweeney Todd". But like who doesn't relate to this??
- •"But if life were only moments-even now and then a bad one. But, if life were only moments...then you'd never know you had one.""Moments in the Woods" from "Into the Woods".
- •"And I'll be that, I'll take your side. If I'm the only one, I'm used to that. I've been alone, I'd rather be the half of us, the least of you, the best of me.""Someone to Fall Back On" from "Wearing Someone Else's Clothes"
- •"Somebody need me too much, somebody know me too well, somebody pull me up short and put me through hell and give me support for being alive. Make me alive.""Being Alive" from "Company".
- •"Who am I? I'm Jean Valjean. And so your honor, you see it's true. This man bears no more guilt than you. Who am I? 24601!!!!!!!!!!""Who am I" from "Les Miserables". VERY RELATABLE.