REALIZATIONS THAT DEVASTATED A YOUNG HOLLIS
- •Figure skating partners weren't marriedThe Cutting Edge had me fooled and then the real world broke my heart.
- •"Professional" wrestling is fake.My brother and I went through a phase where we were VERY into WWF/WWE. I would run around my house pretending to be Goldust, a very sexually charged wrestler who was essentially a drag queen. (It all makes sense now). After doing that for about 2 weeks, my dad finally sat us down and explained that none of it was real. A crushing blow.
- •Singers don't write all of their own lyrics sometimes.WHAT DO YOU MEAN CELINE DION DIDN'T WRITE "MY HEART WILL GO ON"?!!?!
- •Singers don't write their own music sometimes?!"Where does it end?!" I shouted at the heavens.
- •Friends was filmed LA.Then every other show started to click...Cheers, Seinfeld. Then I remember just sitting in my room and questioning if the writers of these shows even knew anything about New York.
- •My mood ring didn't actually work.I was really mad at my mom and went to my room and angrily shoved it on my finger. It showed I was "warm and happy". A part of me died that day.
- •*NSYNC, The Backstreet Boys, and the Spice Girls were "created" and not just groups of 5 best friends who like to sing and do tight choreography.
- •That oftentimes in movies, there will be multiple dogs that play the "hero" dog. Followed by...
- •The dog(s) who played Toto were long dead.