THE TEN DUEL COMMANDMENTS
I'm really getting in on the ground floor of these Hamilton lists, guys.
- 1.The challenge. Demand satisfaction. If they apologize, no need for further action.
- 2.If they don't, grab a friend. That's your second. Your lieutenant when there's reckoning to be reckoned.
- 3.Have your seconds meet face to face. Negotiate a peace or negotiate a time and place.This is commonplace, especially between recruits. Most disputes die and no one shoots.
- 4.If they don't reach a peace, that's alright. Time to get some pistols and a doctor on site.You pay him in advance. You treat him with civility. You have him turn around so he can have deniability.
- 5.Duel before the sun is in the sky. Pick a place to die where it's high and dry.
- 6.Leave a note for your next of kin. Tell 'em where you've been. Pray that hell or heaven lets you in.
- 7.Confess your sins. Ready for the moment of adrenaline when you finally face your opponent.
- 8.Your last chance to negotiate. Send in your seconds to see if they can set the record straight.
- 9.Look him in the eye. Aim no higher. Summon all the courage you require. Then count. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- 10.10 paces. FIRE.