THE TRUTH ABOUT MY NERDINESS
I'm not Jewish. Here's the next best thing...
- •I was raised by two dorks. My mom saw Empire Strikes Back in the movie theater 17 times when it came out. My Dad's nickname was "Doc" because he claimed to have a doctorate in "Leave It to Beaver".He was a sportscaster/radio personality in metro Detroit and his show would have listeners call in and challenge him with "Leave It to Beaver" trivia questions. This was pre-smartphones and he never got a question wrong.
- •I was an Ewok (specifically Wickett) for Halloween in 3rd grade.
- •Dressing up in a costume is one of my favorite things to do and I will find any excuse to do it.Birthday party? Let's make it themed! Halloween? FUCK YES. Greatest hits have included Clarence and Alabama from True Romance, Lindsay Bluth and Tobias Funke from Arrested Development, Thor, and most recently, Rollo and Lagertha from Vikings.
- •I cried really hard at the midnight showing of "Revenge of the Sith" because I began thinking about how much I loved Star Wars and got v. overwhelmed.1,2,3 weren't....great, but I took what I could get. The picture was taken this past September when I wore my hair in a Padawan braid for 2 weeks.
- •I was a class senator in high school and singlehandedly convinced our entire class to make our junior year homecoming theme "Star Wars".I attempted a Princess Leia vibe for the dance.
- •My dog is named Chewbacca. This is us on Christmas 2014. The robe was one of the greatest gifts I've ever received.
- •I have read all seven of the Harry Potter books at least 6x each.Order of the Phoenix is my favorite. I'm currently re-reading Deathly Hallows.
- •I only have one tattoo (so far) and it is a quote from The Deathly Hallows. I got it as an ode to the books I love and as a tribute to my (now deceased) dad.Harry is preparing to face Voldemort and through the resurrection stone, he is able to talk to his parents, Sirius and Lupin. He is scared and asks his dad "you'll stay with me?" and James says "Until the very end."
- •At 22 years old, I dressed up as Ginny Weasley for the midnight premiere of the final movie. I wore that outfit to work that day.
- •I am a giant Doctor Who fan and will happily discuss the series with anyone.Who's your favorite doctor?? Who's your favorite companion?? Do you like the 12th Doctor?! I have a million questions!
- •I own so much Doctor Who shit that I could probably start a museum.This collage doesn't even scratch the surface. Necklace courtesy of @mia. It's a reference to my favorite Doctor Who character, Amy Pond. Other than Ron Weasley, I have never identified more with a fictional character.
- •I am subscribed to 3 different Doctor Who subreddits and frequently get into heated debates about the show with other users.These are the only internet comments I really care about.
- •Last year, I made my birthday party "British" themed just so that I could dress up as Amy Pond. Chris played along as the Eleventh Doctor.
- •For my birthday this year, Chris got me a life size cutout of the Eleventh Doctor. He now watches me sleep.