TIMES I CRIED DURING THE EMMYS TONIGHT AND WHAT TYPE OF CRY IT WAS
- •When Amy Poehler didn't win.Type of cry: temper tantrum. I stood up, threw a pillow across the room, and just started crying and then swearing. I'm sure Veep is wonderful but like are you fucking kidding me?
- •The montage of all the shows ending.Type of cry: gratifying tears. It was a very sweet send off.
- •Uzo Aduba's speech.Type of cry: YAS MAMA. Such a genuine, heartfelt moment. What a beautiful soul.
- •When Peter Dinklage won.Type of cry: I didn't think I would ever see something like this happen in my lifetime, let alone twice. I wish I could more eloquently explain what something like this means to me, but I am not that good of a writer. Representation matters.
- •Tracy MorganType of cry: full on sobfest. From the minute he was introduced, I was a fucking wreck. And then the pregnancy joke? Game over. I'm so happy.