A note to the class of 2016
My son graduated high school last year, so this really resonated with me. Thank you @k8zinker for this request!
- •Congratulations!You made it! Whether you are excited, relieved, or scared, take a moment just to breathe. You did it!
- •You are going to change the world!I know that sounds like a tall order, but I promise you, it's the truth. You may not change the entire world, but you are going to change someone's. In fact, you already have changed your own world! You made a commitment and followed it through. You are going to make a mark on this world, everyone does.
- •Decide what your mark on this world will beYou are the author of your story. You are now the one who decides the plot twist and what direction your life is going to take. Each of us leave a mark on this world.
- •Dream big and follow your heartDon't ever be afraid to fail. We all fall sometimes. We all play it safe sometimes, too. Either way, follow your heart but don't forget that you have a brain for a reason as well. They say it's not how many times you fall that counts, but how many times you get back up.
- •You don't have to have all the answersHere's a hint: you never really have all the answers. You are going to have moments of sheer panic and moments of sheer joy, and that is exactly how life is supposed to be. Question everything. If you ever get to the point where you think you have things figured out, think again. You don't want to get to that point. You want to always be challenged. Ancora Imparo - Still, I am learning.
- •Always strive to be betterLeave every person better for having known you. Try to be a better person today than you were the day before. It doesn't matter what you are doing, just always try to do it better. This doesn't mean that you should be hypercritical of yourself. Appreciate yourself and your talents, just don't let yourself stagnate.
- •Don't forget to laugh everydayLaughter keeps the heart young. Find the things that give you joy, be it music, books, art, whatever, and surround yourself with it. Don't get so caught up in the day to day that you forget how to live. It's easy to do.
- •Don't try to take on the world all at onceLet yourself grow into it. It will happen soon enough, don't procrastinate, either.
- •Just take care of yourselfAnd you'll go far, kid. 😊❤️