MY FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME
Whew!!! This was hard! My songs are in no particular order. I love them all. I am so glad that I made this list. I really had to examine why I love the songs that I love. It was hard to pick just ten. I'm including a playlist. 😀. https://open.spotify.com/user/12184881446/playlist/0w2azlKW6psrDiPRJXUcvX
- •This River - JJ Grey and MofroJJ Grey is one of my favorite artist. The video to this song is amazing. JJ Grey is one of those artist that feels everything he sings, and it shows. http://youtu.be/Mi8Tl1EphOs
- •These Arms of Mine - Otis ReddingEvery favorites list of mine, when it comes to music, has to include Otis Redding.
- •In my life - BeatlesAlthough I also love the Johnny Cash cover from American IV: The Man Comes Around
- •Release- Pearl JamThe story behind the song makes me love it as much as the song itself.
- •Queen - The Show Must Go OnI don't believe people truly appreciated the range Freddie Mercury had. Love love him. This song has always inspired me.
- •Jonny Lang - Walking AwayFrom the album Wander this World. The depth and emotion in his voice, the blues guitar riffs reminiscent of Stevie Ray Vaughn...something about this album, and especially this song, tugs at my soul.
- •Jeff Buckley - HallelujahMy best friend and I chose this song to be played before our friend's funeral. He was a DJ for years and a true lover of music. We could think of no better song. ( Side note: We actually had to choose 3: Hallelujah, Man on the moon by REM and Pictures of you by The Cure) Jeff Buckley sang like his life depended on every note. I feel that when I hear him sing.
- •Fleetwood Mac - ChainsThis is one of the first songs I remember recognizing the harmony on when I was a child. The vocals on this song are amazing.
- •Stevie Wonder - SuperstitionIt's Stevie Wonder, funk, and horns...enough said!
- •Stevie Ray Vaughan - The Sky is CryingEtta James does a hella good version of this song. This song has been done by so many people, but none with the Texas Blues like SRV.