MY GREATEST REGRET 😕
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •There was a man I loved with my whole heart for most of my life.
- •We knew each other for over 20 years. I loved him from the start of our friendship, and he loved me.
- •They say timing is everything, and our timing sucked. We were best friends, Todd and me...and we had another best friend Scott. Scott didn't like that Todd and I had feelings for each other, so we hid our feelings.
- •We dated each other in "secret" for over a year, until it became too much. We had been in love with each other for over ten years at this point. I knew it was tearing him apart to choose between us and our friendship with Scott. I decided to let our relationship go.
- •I moved out of state. He was the only person I told goodbye. He told me he was getting married, and I was happy for him, but it hurt. We both knew that we had a once in a lifetime love. We even said that then. He promised I would see him again.
- •While I lived out of state I kept up with him through mutual friends. I had to know he was ok. I needed to know he was happy.
- •I moved back home after 7 years and started trying to reconnect with him, just as a friend. I called Scott. Scott told me Todd was separated.
- •He told me he didn't know how to find Todd. He lied to me. I knew I needed to find him. I just wanted him to know I was back, my life was working out okay. I wanted to know that he was okay.
- •He was my friend. Todd was the first man I truly loved. I tried to find him.
- •Scott called me on a Saturday night to tell me that he knew where he was. They had found his body under the 210 bridge
- •I tried to find him.
- •My greatest regret was ever letting him go.