Total Nonsense, I tell you!
My favorite cousin was also my favorite teacher. When he felt he was losing the attention of the class, he would tell a joke, or story. Sometimes he would play his guitar, mandolin, or or fiddle. You never knew what Sammy would do to bring us back to earth. One thing that I still remember is a silly nonsense poem he used to say. It's been 31 years!
- •One bright morning, in the middle of the night.
- •Two dead boys got up to fight.
- •Back to back, they faced another.
- •Drew their swords and shot each other.
- •An old, deaf policeman heard the noise, came and killed those two dead boys.
- •If you don't believe my lie is true, ask the blind man. He saw it, too!