Best spots to grab a craft brew in Portland 🍺
As requested by @LAmag .This list is by no means comprehensive. If you're a beer tourist (or accidentally become one when you get here because you get ~awakened~), don't neglect to take a day trip to Hood River. Or an overnight to Bend. Or maybe Eugene. Or hit Astoria. You get the idea. 🍻
- •Ecliptic BrewingSolid patio, wide-ranging array of beers (light, dark, sour, experimental, they do 'em). Founded by the gent behind some of Oregon's core craft beers (Mirror Pond, anyone?). Menu changes frequently & takes some risks, not your standard pub food.
- •Loyal Legion99 taps, all Oregon. No Washington- not even Vancouver. Just Oregon. Fun high-back leather booths, nice for sitting with friends- the best beers are those enjoyed in good company!
- •Gigantic BrewingGotta time this one right- a sunny day is clutch here. The inside's pretty small. If the food carts aren't open, you're outta luck beyond some (very tasty but not a meal) local popcorn they sell. But the beers are innovative, the bartender is always nice, and the vibe is very good indeed.
- •Horse Brass PubIt's dark in here. Strongly English. The taplist is a joy to behold. The on-deck page at the back will make you pray for a tap to blow, maybe the one you've been looking for is up next. If not, you'll still find something new. The late Don Younger's joint, it's a part of Oregon craft beer history.
- •Roscoe'sA surprising taplist for what looks like a dive. A little hipster-y. But they're probably pouring 7 or 8 things you've never tried.
- •NWIPA6 tightly-curated taps plus a few coolers at this SE Foster temple to the PNW's iconic style. Friendly folks behind the bar. Great pimento cheese for a snack.
- •Lightning round: Saraveza, Hopworks, Imperial Taproom, Green Dragon, Sasquatch, Cascade Barrel Brewing House, Bridgeport, Ex Novo, Victory Bar, Leisure.
- •Presumed: Double Mountain's forthcoming taproom on SE Woodstock.Their Hood River location is my home-away-from-home. I am profoundly fond of their beers, their pizza, and the way they approach everything with integrity. Opening soon...maybe June?