ME AT HALF MY AGE
Inspired by @nathanveshecco
- •I was 11.
- •The year was 2004.
- •I was in 4th grade.
- •My only memory from this year is this:
- •I had a hard boiled egg with me in our classroom.
- •Mrs. Albertson was talking to Unnamed Grownup somewhere else.
- •I was enjoying my hard boiled egg.
- •And then I was very much not enjoying my hard boiled egg.
- •Because I was choking on my hard boiled egg.
- •I ran around the room trying to find a trash can.
- •I disposed of the hard boiled egg.
- •Nobody helped me, nobody asked if I was okay.
- •Not even Mrs. Albertson.
- •And that was the day I became an independent young woman.