TRAVEL PROFILE: CLARA AND NEVE
GUYS I MET PEOPLE WHO HAD NOT MET AN AMERICAN BEFORE
- •Meet Clara and Neve!They're from Tolouse, France and Sardinia, Italy respectively. And both places sound beautiful.
- •They are exchange students living in Birmingham, but are traveling for a few days.They were the only people I met in my room at this God-forsaken hostel. More on that tomorrow.
- •Clara loves philosophy and Neve loves film. They both have one year left before university.I am elderly
- •The burning questions on their minds included:
- •WHAT IS TARGETTheir minds were blown when I said we called it "tar-jay" when we wanted to be fancy
- •Do you like Donald Trump??No.
- •How do live award shows work?!"That feels prejudiced against California." I agree. Such is life.
- •We talked about the dangers of nationalism, the U.K. not wanting to be in the EU anymore (this was news to me??? I am an awful American who does not keep up with international news), and Syrian refugees.The coolest teenagers I have ever met.
- •I showed them my family's food truck, they were SO EXCITED
- •We talked about how absurd movie theaters with dinner tables are.But like...they're PRETTY COOL.
- •These girls are so brave to leave home for a year to study in a different country.Especially because a lot of people don't respect or understand their native countries.
- •It was nice to have some slumber party style chit chat tonight with them.This is what traveling is all about: meeting people from different places and learning about each other.
- •They are smart and charming, and I can't wait to see what they do in the world.