My Nonfiction November Reads
- •Into the Wild by John Krakauer, read by Philip FranklinSpoiled, troubled, rich kid goes to Alaska to live off the land and finds trouble. Pretty good book, even if I didn't completely understand the boys' intentions.
- •Leaving Orbit: Notes from the Last Days of American Spaceflight by Margaret Lazarus DeanFantastic book about the past, present, and future of the Space program in America.
- •The Penguin Lessons: What I Learned From a Remarkable Bird by Tom MichellCutest book ever, with a side of Argentinean history.
- •Hold Still by Sally MannStory of Mann' photography career as well as a genealogy lesson on her family. Got slow toward the end.
- •American Bloomsbury by Susan CheeverAmerican Victorian soap opera featuring Louisa May Alcott, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Margaret Fuller, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and Henry David Thoreau.
- •Dr. Mütter's Marvels: A True Tale of Intrigue and Innovation at the Dawn of Modern Medicine by Crispin O'Keege Aptowicz
- •On the Trail of Genghis Khan: An Epic Journey Through the Land of the Nomads.