The Precious Moments of Bedtime
a live listing
- •The four-year-old tells me I'll be in big trouble if I don't open their door.It doesn't lock, so we tie the handle to a hook to prevent escape. I'm pretty sure it's not a fire hazard or anything.
- •I can hear the two-year-old ripping something.Probably just the winter plastic that's still on their windows, but possibly a book. Possibly the sheets. Who can say with these creative little buggers.
- •The 4yo needs to go poop.Even if that wouldn't fall under torture necessarily, if I ignore him I'm really just making more work for myself later. Like facing The Golgothan.
- •The 2yo lost her water bottle. It's a tragedy.Oh look, it's still in your fucking bed, child, under your thousands of stuffed bunnies.
- •Door has stayed shut for eight whole minutes.And I don't even hear them jumping on the beds. Just singing to themselves (Hamilton songs, natch). Might be in the home stretch, knock on wood.
- •GODAMMIT I accidentally left my Kindle in there.Ugh, guess I'll do laundry until I can sneak back in.