LINES FROM HAMILTON: AN AMERICAN MUSICAL THAT MAKE ME WEEP 😭
If you haven't listened to this beautiful and innovative and kinetic and seriously incredible soundtrack by Lin-Manuel Miranda, go do it now.
- •I look into your eyes and the sky's the limit. I'm drownin' in 'em. [Helpless]
- •But when I fantasize at night it's Alexander's eyes. As I romanticize what might have been if I hadn't sized him up so quickly. At least my dear Eliza's his wife. At least I keep his eyes in my life. [Satisfied]
- •Oh, let me be a part of the narrative in the story they will write someday. Let this moment be the first chapter, where you decide to stay, and I could be enough. And we could be enough. That would be enough. [That Would Be Enough]
- •In a letter I received from you two weeks ago I noticed a comma in the middle of a phrase. It changed the meaning. Did you intend this? One stroke and you've consumed my waking days. It says: My dearest, Angelica. With a comma after "dearest." You've written, "My dearest, Angelica." [Take a Break]
- •Your sentences left me defenseless. You built me palaces out of paragraphs, you built cathedrals. [Burn]
- •Un deux trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf... [Stay Alive (Reprise)]
- •IT'S QUIET UPTOWN.All of it. The whole thing. It's unimaginable how much this song will make you cry.
- •Hey, best of wives and best of women. [Best of Wives and Best of Women]
- •Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints. It takes and it takes and it takes. [The World Was Wide Enough]
- •I put myself back in the narrative... The Lord in his kindness, he gives me what you always wanted. He gives me more time. [Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story]
- •Oh. Can I show you what I'm proudest of? The orphanage. I established the first private orphanage in New York City. The orphanage. [Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story]Shout out to Phillipa Soo, who plays Eliza. Her voice is somehow soft yet powerful and emotional and raw. Her voice combined with the chorus singing "the orphanage" make for a moment that brings me to tears every time I listen. It's beautiful.