A Conversation With My Six Year Old
- •Him: "Mom, what does the American flag represent?"
- •I immediately start thinking about what the flag is supposed to represent and how I fear that we are not living up to our hopes when the flag was made.
- •"It represents bravery, freedom, and justice. These are American values."
- •I stop myself from over answering.
- •Jack thinks about this for a minute.
- •I wonder what's rolling around in his head. What deep, patriotic thoughts is this amazing child pondering?
- •"If I had a flag to represent me, it would be for video games."