Favorite things to do in Colorado!
- •I am leaving this island for the first and only time in 3 years this September when I travel to Colorado Springs and then Denver this September. I have never been to Colorado so I need all of your input on awesome places to stay, hikes, places to camp, tourist attractions, etc. I'm an outdoorsy girl- and go!
- •If you can make time, you should drive to Rocky Mountain National ParkSuggested by @julieann718
- •Well, of course you have to see Red Rocks!Suggested by @julieann718
- •Garden of the GodsAgain, Colorado Springs
- •Visit the Olympic Training CenterIn Colorado Springs, if Olympics are your thing
- •Drive to top of Pikes Peak
- •Pikes Peak, Red Rocks and Garden of the Gods are near Colorado Springs. Cheyenne Mountain is good, too as well as the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo that has a fun giraffe feeding area. And of course that's where The Olympic training center and the Air Force Academy are located.Denver is near Mt. Evans that has a great drive up and hiking, too. You might want to catch a Rockies game at Coors Field - it has great ambience even if you don't like baseball. The art museum is terrific as well as the Museum of Nature and Science. There are some great restaurants in Larimer Square. It is definitely worth the drive to go to Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road is awesome. There are lots of hiking trails and wildlife is abundant. The views are spectacular.Suggested by @Heartsounds
- •Ride a bike through Boulder along the Boulder Creek Trail. Stop and play in the water, and be sure to take a little detour to Fior di Latte for gelato. (Salted Caramel and Lemon Basil are ridiculous).Suggested by @juliefromabove