Groceries You Should Always Have in a Healthy Home
If you keep these things on hand, you will find it so much easier to make simple, healthy foods regularly.
- •Freezer: salmon, tilapia, chicken breasts, whole chicken, ground turkey, turkey bacon, whole turkey breasts, frozen fruit, steam fresh veggies.
- •Refrigerator: plain Greek yogurt, eggs, salsa, variety of fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, black berries, raspberries, star fruit, mango, etc) and vegetables(asparagus, zucchini, squash, Brussel sprouts, salad mix, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, etc) applesauce, jalapeños, and hummus.
- •Pantry: nut butter, brown rice, quinoa, canned tomatoes, canned beans, popcorn kernels, a variety of nuts and seeds, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, coconut oil, honey, green tea, sweet potatoes, garlic, onions, vegetable broth, whole wheat flour.
- •On your counter: whole grain bread, whole wheat bagels, bananas, apples, oranges, spaghetti squash, butternut squash, avocados, lemons, and limes.
- •Spice cabinet: Go nuts, but try to avoid seasoning packets and stick with single spices. My favorites are: cumin, cayenne pepper, oregano, chili powder, sea salt, peppercorn, smoked paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and mint extract, baking powder, baking soda.
- •80% of the work that you do to be healthy is done in the kitchen!