I Wish I Could Offer You a Better World
A letter to my daughter, and all the young women of the world.
- •I wish that I could offer you a world where you don't need to be afraid to be alone.
- •Where the sound of heavy footfall behind you isn't cause to turn around, tensed in fear, and see who is approaching.
- •A world where you feel safer if a man is with you but also very aware of how badly that man could hurt you if he chose.
- •I wish I could offer you a world where you aren't the prey.
- •A world where crazy people don't hide behind religion to spread messages of hatred and murder.
- •I wish I could offer you a world that would celebrate love instead of despise it if it doesn't look a certain way.
- •I wish I could teach you that God is a God of love and acceptance and creativity and compassion and beauty and trust that the world wouldn't try its hardest to teach you the opposite.
- •I wish that I could offer you a world where our political leaders are good and pure and debate with respect and a clear mind.
- •I wish I could offer you a world where you weren't put under microscopes and expected to develop in a certain way at a certain time.
- •A world where children had modern heroes like MLK Jr, Amelia Earhart, Rosa Parks, and Mary Walker.And not Beyoncé, who after all, is an entertainer and for adults.
- •I wish I could offer you a world that wasn't filled with mass shootings, xenophobia, and rape culture.
- •All that I can offer you is my ever slimming hope that another world is possible and plant that possibility in you.
- •You are a world changer.
- •You are a miracle.
- •Your love can change this world.
- •Hold your head high.I'm cheering you on.