A while ago I made a list about going natural in our home. We were already making our own laundry detergent but recently came across an even cheaper and more natural alternatives! Au Naturel
- •Soap nuts!
- •Here's a little info:
- •This teeny tiny container says it will last for 100 loads but I have heard from friends who use them that this number is grossly underestimated, and that they use a small box for almost an entire year! Time will tell how it works for the Murrays. This box costs $10.99 on amazon so we're talking about laundry costing $10-20 PER YEAR!
- •I've also found and fallen in love with wool dryer balls.
- •These really will last for years and years. I got this six pack on etsy for $17 including shipping. I like to add a little essential oil to mine and then our clothes smell very lightly of lavender. They smell so clean and fresh. And it really reduces the amount of time it takes to dry a load of laundry!
- •I would estimate that with conventional laundry detergent and dryer sheets, the average family of 5 spends $150 or more a year.
- •We will spend maybe $25!
- •Also, we said goodbye to all the nasty chemicals! 🎉
- •Let me know your natural laundry ways if I'm missing something. 💜