Not My Aesthetic
Again, inspired by @amieshmamie
- •Chevron clothingIt's over guys. (I'm looking at you, southern stay at home moms.) You look like an Easter egg.
- •Modern decorI admit, it looks super clean and functional, but houses that are super modern don't make me feel at home. I don't want to cuddle up with you and watch Crazy Ex Girlfriend in your modern dwelling.
- •E-booksI don't get it. Why would you hold plastic when you can hold pages? I'll never understand and I never want to.
- •PastelsUnless it's Easter or a baby nursery you can get the hell out of here with your pastels. Give me bold, give me muted, or give me death (and a throw up bucket)
- •Monogrammed everythingAs a transplant to the south this is just one thing I never understood. Monogrammed towels, monogrammed hunting t shirts, (I am not even kidding y'all) monogrammed decals, monogrammed purses. One or two things are fine, but some of y'all have lost your damn minds.
- •Amusement parksSure, in theory, these seem fun. That's what they want you to think. Then you get in and everyone smells like BO, you wait in long lines for 2 minutes of gut wrenching speed, you pay $4 for a bottle of water, you get sun burned... No thank you.
- •TinderAll I have to say about the state of meeting people in the technological age is thank God I am married. A big "no" to sites like tinder. I worry about all of my young friends who are a part of it constantly.