PICTURES FROM TODAY'S HIKE IN HAWAII VOLUME III
Koko Head Crater
- •While I hike often, I've been intimidated by this .8 mile crater hike because it is composed entirely of "stairs."The stairs are actually an old railroad track
- •It's pretty uneven, and some of the steps are spaced far apart.
- •Not even half way up, I was feeling it, for sure.
- •My dog, Hercules, is a total badass and really blew me away with how happily he hopped from one "step" to the next.
- •This was maybe half way.
- •The view from 3/4 of the way up
- •At the top of the stairs, you're SO CLOSE to the top.
- •Like, so close.
- •Being there at sunrise was amazing
- •Hercules, everything that the light touches is our kingdom.
- •Ready to head back down
- •This old man passed me TWICE on the trail. On Mondays and Wednesday's he goes up and down koko head FOUR TIMES IN A ROW.Hero
- •Bonus: herc crossing the bridge. He inspired a ton of people.