Thai Lettuce Wraps That Will Make You Cry
They're that good
- •First, in a mixing bowl, dump these ingredients:
- •1/3 cup + 4 TBSP soy sauce, 2 TBSP smooth peanut butter, 2 TBSP dark brown sugar, 2 TBSP rice wine vinegar, 2 TBSP fresh grated ginger, 3 cloves minced garlic 1 TBSP siracha (or hot sauce. I was out of siracha), 2 tsp sesame seed oil, 1/8 tsp black pepper. Mix well.
- •Next, dice about 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.This part is super gross.
- •Pour the sauce you've made (a homemade hoisin sauce) over the chicken and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- •Before you cook up the chicken, here are a few things to get done.
- •Very thinly slice some carrot
- •Make bean threadOr rice noodles if you prefer. I like how sticky the bean thread is. Takes about 2 minutes to make.
- •Wash and dry butter lettuce. This is the best lettuce to use for any type of taco or lettuce wrap.
- •Chop some peanuts or cashewsI did cashews
- •When all that is done, cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes/ side in a skillet.
- •Assemble and serve!Everyone will go nuts.