Things You Should Pack for a Day Hike
An introduction for new hikers and would be explorers. 💚
- •A nice, lightweight bag. I really like this one from Homdox.
- •Your bag should also have a strap that connects at your collar bone and your rib cage. Your shoulders will thank you for snapping those securely!Like this.
- •Snacks high in protein and natural sugar. I like larabars and apple chips best, personally.
- •A small pocket knife with a good blade. Even if you aren't planning on wearing your knife, it's nice to have the option. I sometimes clip Mine on my collarbone strap so that I can access it quicker if need be.
- •A good caribiner and some paracord.The kind for climbing, not key chains.
- •A small first aid kit.
- •Emergency blankets.You never know when an unexpected storm will roll in or someone falls and you'll need these guys. Probably unnecessary, definitely worth just having.
- •Bugspray.Double duh.
- •A small bag to collect any extra trash you find on the trail.
- •Cell phone charger.
- •Water bladder.If the bag you hike with is designed for hiking, it will have a designated sleeve for a bladder. 100 oz is a great size to have.
- •If you have long hair, extra elastics.Just one or two will do.
- •A sense of adventure.You're going to make some incredible memories.