Thoughts of a Person Who Has Recently Lost a Significant Amount of Weight
I started my health journey in September. As of today I have lost very close to 30 lbs and I have a little over 30 more to lose.
- •Tonight I was in target and I caught myself looking at dresses that were my old size and thinking they might fit.
- •They didn't.
- •I have lost 6 dress sizes in the last 5 months but my brain hasn't caught up with my body.
- •I still find myself buying things in a size 18 or 20 instead of a 14, and an XXL instead of a large
- •I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but when I was younger ( and poorer) sometimes my heart would race before using my debit card because I wasn't sure if it would work.
- •That's what it feels like trying on a size 14 now. Like, even though I know I have the funds, I'm not positive it will clear.
- •When I was bigger I would walk by mirrors and be caught off guard at how big I was, because I was in denial.
- •Now I walk by mirrors and I'm taken off guard at how like ME I look.
- •I wasn't always heavy, before kids I had a rocking bod.
- •But for the last 7 years I have felt like an alien in my own body.
- •Now I just need to readjust my thinking as I continue to shrink and embrace every things about my body.
- •I can do it. 💪🏼