CASTING THAT MOST SURPRISED/DELIGHTED ME OVER THE PAST YEAR
all first-time viewings since 3/14/14
- •Ty Burrell, FUR: AN IMAGINARY PORTRAIT OF DIANE ARBUSHe plays Nicole Kidman's husband! Their sex scene is pretty tepid compared to the heat generated between Nicole and a chewbaccafied (seriously) Robert Downey Jr.
- •Maggie Gyllenhaal, CECIL B. DEMENTEDShe and her gang of satanic film snobs join forces to kidnap Melanie Griffith (!)
- •Drake Bell, THE NEON BIBLEDo you think Terrence Davies has ever seen DRAKE & JOSH?
- •Sean Combs, MONSTER'S BALLShame on everyone who knew Halle won her Oscar for playing Diddy's widow and didn't tell me
- •Winona Ryder, THE HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGSGod bless Asia Argento. "This is a very bad man. A bad, bad man. Bad! Bad! Oweeeee! Oweeee!"
- •Josh Hamilton and Jane Adams, ALEXANDER THE LASTTheir roles are pretty peripheral but they look like they're having the time of their liiiiives acting together
- •Loretta Devine, URBAN LEGENDTake "1998 college campus slasher with Loretta Devine as a hero security guard" as you will but I was downnnnnn
- •Lea DeLaria, EDGE OF SEVENTEENEXACTLY who this kid needed to whip him into shape. More coming of age movies should make their leads have a sit down with Lea DeLaria.