Reasons My 21st Birthday Yesterday Was Great
My birthday is always a Halloween spooktacular and yesterday was no different. Full disclosure: I LOVE BIRTHDAYS.
- •I ~treated myself~ to a new birthday outfit.
- •I began the day with a breakfast brunch with two of my best friends. I tried to get a coffee cocktail but the waiter said "We don't serve alcohol before 10 a.m."Insert eye roll here. But I had some hash browns so all was well.
- •The buildup to my birthday itself was strong. I may or may not be the type of person who celebrates my Birth Month. It helps that my friends are wonderful individuals.
- •More messages than I knew what to do with. "Happy Birthday," 21 times.
- •Birthday horoscope game strong.
- •One of my best friends is studying abroad this semester and we were apart. This was sad! But...
- •We FaceTimed and Instagrammed from across the world.Thank God for technology.
- •She also sent me this amazing card. PSA: I love beagles more than most things on this earth.Translated from German, this means, "Your life should be filmed."
- •One of my other best friends is studying at Disney World this semester. Again, sad.But she took this opportunity to print out a picture of me, Flat Stanley style.
- •I laughed out loud all day.
- •Space Mountain didn't phase me.
- •I spent the entire day exploring.
- •TURNT UP amirite
- •I had a great birthday dinner with my family. Low quality pic, high quality people.
- •I love birthdays. A lot of people don't, but I find so much joy in celebrating the day you come into the world.They are a reminder of your continued existence! A nostalgia for the past, appreciation for the present, and a hope for the future.
- •I'm so grateful that I have people in my life who will indulge this silly tendency of mine.#blessed