5 TV Shows Airing Right Now That I Really Like
- •Master of None (Netflix)A smart and romantic look at dating, race, and adulthood. Overflowing with empathy and understanding for all of its characters (seriously, even a subway masturbator gets a moment of compassion). Aziz and Noël Wells are incredible.
- •Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (The CW)Weird and wonderful musical (!!!) comedy about obsession, mental health, and West Covina. The songs are dark, clever pop satire.
- •You're the Worst (FXX)Hilarious, mean, secretly sweet rom-com about two broken, sad people doing their best not to succumb to normalcy.
- •The Leftovers (HBO)Perfectly detailed drama about grief and how people cope with loss. Every episode works as a rich character study. A mystery show about the unexplainable.
- •Nathan for You (Comedy Central)Nathan Fielder's full-on bananas comedy experiment: part-reality show parody, part-elaborate prank, part-performance art.