Books I Would Recommend but Don't Because I'm Afraid You Won't Love Them Like I Do and Then Tell ME
To be clear, these are not recommendations and I do not want to hear what you think about them.
- •1Q84 by Haruki MurakamiI know, it is long, not much seems to happen and you have difficulty concentrating.
- •Gustave Flaubert's collection of lettersGustave who, you say? Oh just a funny dude from a different century. Do not read if you detest people being witty.
- •Pnin by Vladimir NabokovSure, Lolita is more famous and nobody can pronounce this title. Never speak to me again if you don't like this one.
- •Everything by W.H. AudenIt doesn't have to rhyme to be a poem. But he often does. But still, it doesn't.
- •The short and tragic life of Robert Peace: a brilliant young man who left Newark for the Ivy League by Jeff HobbsHeart wrenching.