JOBS THAT HAVE FIRED ME
I've been fired from almost every non-entertainment related job I've ever had. Which is scary because I often think I'd be really great at other jobs- but this list is a reminder that that is false.
- •Summer camp counselor (twice)Both times for smoking cigarettes during the day. My dad to this day believes it was for drugs. This was especially traumatic because I went to camp for 13 years and being fired (and sent home on a bus/alone) felt pointed.
- •Dog walking (first job I got in LA)I loved this job! But I was an unreliable employee. Always rescheduling walks to make it to Santa Monica for a commercial audition. I also didn't care too much about being super descriptive in my notes post walk to the dog owner.
- •WaitressingI really enjoyed this job too. The owner of the restaurant was a former soap star and occasionally fans would come in looking for her. She also asked me to help her get commercial rep. I got fired because my friend came in and he ordered a burger and a coke. I ordered both- but deleted the coke off the bill as if to say "it's on me". Management didn't appreciate that.
- •LululemonFirst job out of theatre school. We got to take as much free yoga classes as we wanted. I also couldn't afford the clothes without the employee discount. But the job was stealing my soul so I wrote a Facebook rant about it. Never saying where I worked but dissecting the people who shopped and "spandex culture" in general. They read it and told me I was "inauthentic" because I seemed very happy at work. I cried.
- •Cocktail waitressThis was a terrible job. The owner was Greek and loved breaking plates when he got excited/drunk/high enough and I was very resentful about this habit. Esp since we were a cocktail bar and didn't even have plates. So he brought them in to break. Which seemed very wasteful. I stormed out after a customer told me "Hitler was right" and I asked the boss to make him leave but he refused. I walked out in the middle of my shift but came back the next day to drop off the money I had in my pouch.