I AM LOW KEY IN LOVE WITH YOU IF I HAVE LENT YOU ONE OF THESE BOOKS
- •Any of the Harry Potter booksIf you know me, you know Harry Potter. While the books I have with me in LA are not my OG hardcover ones, my soft-cover travel set is basically my landline. If I offer these to you, you are a Muggle of the highest esteem. Because of course, all my wizard friends have their own Harry Potter books.
- •The Secret History by Donna TarttThis was the first book my best friend recommended to me, and I've trusted her based on her taste in books ever since. This book is intense, chilling, funny, and terrifying. Do not Google "bacchanal".
- •Why Not Me? By @mindy KalingMindy's second book, which I listened to first, then read, lived up to every expectation I had. She's funny, wise like Dumbledore even though she's cool and young, and one of my biggest role models. I let @jordanweiss borrow this book and that was a big deal.
- •Any Calvin & Hobbes comic bookMy cousin and I grew up on Calvin & Hobbes, and we used to quote it back to each other constantly. Learned a lot about life from that tiger. These are precious.
- •Live From New York: An Uncensored History of Saturday Night LiveThe reason I know anything about comedy is because of this book. I read this my sophomore year of high school when I first started getting into comedy and I went nuts over it. I slept with it next to my pillow like a weird voodoo lady.
- •Bossypants by Tina FeyI read this book at least once every few months. I love it and I love Tina.
- •Sick in the Head by Judd ApatowConversations with great comedians, by a great comedian. This has become my Bible. I haven't let anyone borrow this book yet, though many have asked.
- •Anything by Simon Rich, specifically "Spoiled Brats"Simon Rich is my favorite writer ever and I wax poetic about him on the daily. He's the only writer that can actually make me laugh out loud and a huge part of the reason I started trying to write comedy. If you get to take home a Simon book from my library, I have already married you in my mind.