Things that spark joy.
- •Pencils in rainbow colors with pink erasers that resemble bubble gum.
- •Not having writer's block when working on a deadline.
- •Connecting the emotional dots during therapy to arrive at a new insight that gives me something to ponder during the week.Nothing better than a self-improvement "Aha" moment.
- •Letting go of attachments to outcomes = less suffering.Cliche Buddhism 101, but true.
- •Honest conversations that don't require a filter.How often do we emotionally edit our words? What happens to the feelings that don't get expressed? Better out than in, that's my mantra.
- •Green turn arrows on traffic lights, especially when driving in San Francisco.Cautious drivers in SF may relate to this joy.
- •Diet Coke from the fountain that has the right combo of syrup and carbonated water.Fountain sodas are a gamble.
- •Short lines at In-n-Out.This rarely happens.