COMPLIMENTS I'VE RECEIVED SINCE GOING NATURAL
Because we live in a world where straight hair is considered cool and hot and I am extremely susceptible to what others think is cool and hot, I rocked straight hair for over two decades before I was like "fuck it I don't care anymore/paying someone to alter my hair from its natural state every 3 weeks is expensive."
- •"Your hair looks nice."Antonio-the bouncer at the bar a few doors down from my job.
- •"You look gorgeous!"This hot mom that shops at my job and hates cheese.
- •Various whoops and applause and whistles from my coworkers.
- •"It's slimming."@sophie always tells a girl exactly what she wants to hear
- •"You look adorable."One of my bosses
- •"I like your Afro."The security guard at deYoung
- •This is what my hair used to look like
- •This is what it looks like now