ALL THE THINGS I'M DOING IN ICELAND
My flight is THIS FUCKING FRIDAY. Listed when I bought my ticket: I JUST BOOKED A FLIGHT TO ICELAND.
- •DrivingAround the Ring Road for 10 days. I love driving...it may be my favorite place to be alone and lose myself in thought, this also causes me to forget where I'm going. I hope that I will have grown a full beard at the end of the trip. (I won't. Most likely a shitty mustache.)
- •EatingI don't know all the things I'm going to eat... I'll try some of the local dishes, but no weird shit like whale blubber or anything fish related. Puffin maybe?
- •Get PerspectiveWith few distractions but the beauty of the landscape, I'm hoping that I can reflect a lot while I'm there. This year I've been putting a lot of effort into trying to figure myself out and to be more conscious of the things I do, so I'm curious to learn what I find there.
- •Photograph all the thingsObviously. I don't have a good camera, so my iPhone will have to do for this trip.
- •See a shitload of waterfallsI'll probably be sick of them by the time I get to the North Eastern part of the island. Some I'll drive up to and some I'll need to hike a bit to get to. I can't remember the name, but I really want to see the big one where the opening of Prometheus was filmed.
- •Take my sweet fucking timeI don't want to rush to get through x amount of activities every day. I came to chill and maybe I'll get to some things. I don't need to see EVERYTHING.
- •Stay in Hostels and GuesthousesI've never done the hostel thing, so sleeping with strangers will be an adjustment.
- •Glacier WatchingUp close, from dry land. I didn't plan to climb the thing, but maybe I'll save that for next time.
- •Geothermal hot springsI've planned for one in Myvatin, but it's not until day 4. I'm sure I'll spontaneously go throughout my trip. Maybe I'll do that while I wait to check into my first hostel on day 1.
- •Northern LightsMaybe. I don't think I'll see them this early in the season but I'm hoping that it magically happens.
- •Visit ThingvellirWhere some of the Game of Thrones scenes were shot.
- •TattooI'm thinking of getting one at the end of the trip in Reykjavik the night before I leave for the airport.
- •Meet new people?This is literally the last thing on my mind. Maybe I'll feel different when I'm there, but for the most part I want to do things on my own.