TIMES I WAS TOO NEW YORK FOR MY OWN GOOD
I was born in Brooklyn & went back & forth b/w NC & NYC. I moved back when I was 19 & lived there (Queens & Manhattan) for a decade. so you know, things happened.
- •when I slapped a camera out of a tourist's hands on 5th Ave near Rockefeller Center because he was in my way on my way to work
- •when I got mad that a guy stabbing people on the 2 made me late for work
- •telling my friends when they came to visit that if they wanted to go to Times Square, I would give them a MetroCard and a map and happily send them on their way
- •EVERY SINGLE BRUNCH
- •doing a walk of shame (or stride of pride if you rather) during the Puerto Rican Day Parade
- •getting kicked out of a house party on Avenue A because someone came into the apartment and stole the guy's computer
- •slipping on ice in front of all of my Columbia Music Hum students outside of the Metropolitan Opera on the way to see Marriage of Figaro
- •when my bassoon teacher threatened to get my life right or turn me away, KNOWING that I had to take a bus and FOUR TRAINS to get to her apartment & I was terrified
- •cursing out a cabbie while on the phone with my father because he tried to take me a different way to Queens College from La Guardia than the way I said
- •me not paying that cabbie
- •my dad saying, "that's my girl."He's from Brownsville.