Already on li.st? Open in app.
If you only have time to do one type of exercise, I believe it should be resistance training. Many people are confused because of what is promoted in mainstream media, and they prioritize cardio over weights. That is a big mistake.
- •Weights change your body composition for the better
- •Weight training burns more calories than cardio
- •gives you an unjustified reason to pig out
I'm not in any way associated with this company. They just have awesome gear.
Lol. I like this list
Misused and Downright Silly Fitness Devices You Don't Need.
- •Activity TrackersActivity trackers can be extremely inaccurate, often underestimating or overestimating steps and calories burned.
- •Heart Rate MonitorsHeart rate monitors have their uses for HRV training, but many people use them as an excuse to avoid hard training.
- •Oxygen Training MasksMasks that make it harder to breathe don't really improve your cardio training. They can even cause dysfunctional breathing patterns for novices. Fix your breathing first.
I don't have a lot of time today at the gym so here is what I am doing for a time crunched arm workout. The % below represent that of your 1 rep max
- •Close Grip Bench Press - warm up3 sets of about 20 at 35% 1RM
- •Reverse Bicep Curl - warm up3 sets of 8 - 10 reps at 35% 1RM
- •Preacher Curl5@50%, 5@60%, 3@70%, 2@80%, 1@90% - if you can do more on the last set, next time up your weight from the beginning.
- 1.Don't Eat After 8 p.m.Calories can't tell time. "Your body digests and uses calories the same way morning, noon, and night," says Mary Flynn, Ph.D., a research dietitian at the Miriam Hospital, in Providence. They may sit around a little longer if you eat, then lie on the couch and watch Letterman, but when you move around the next day, your body will dip into its stores.
- 2.Eating Small, Frequent Meals Boosts Your MetabolismFood intake has a negligible effect on metabolism. Some foods, including those with caffeine, may slightly and temporarily increase metabolism, but the effect is too small to help you lose weight.
- 3.Pasta Makes You FatCarbohydrates per se don't make you fat; extra calories do, whether you eat them in the form of carbs, fats, or protein. Keep in mind though, carbs do have an effect on your body composition!
- 1.60% fat
- 2.30% protein
- 3.10% carbs