Dieting myths .... busted
- 1.Don't Eat After 8 p.m.Calories can't tell time. "Your body digests and uses calories the same way morning, noon, and night," says Mary Flynn, Ph.D., a research dietitian at the Miriam Hospital, in Providence. They may sit around a little longer if you eat, then lie on the couch and watch Letterman, but when you move around the next day, your body will dip into its stores.
- 2.Eating Small, Frequent Meals Boosts Your MetabolismFood intake has a negligible effect on metabolism. Some foods, including those with caffeine, may slightly and temporarily increase metabolism, but the effect is too small to help you lose weight.
- 3.Pasta Makes You FatCarbohydrates per se don't make you fat; extra calories do, whether you eat them in the form of carbs, fats, or protein. Keep in mind though, carbs do have an effect on your body composition!
- 4.Coffee Can Help You Lose WeightWhile coffee may temporarily squelch your appetite, drinking a couple of cups a day won't have enough of an effect to help you lose weight.
- 5.Check out my website at www.bobbyowilson.com