OVERHEARD AT THE PHOENIX PUBLIC LIBRARY
The library is the only viable study space nearby my school so when I have work after school and don't want to drive all the way home, I go there. Some days are more successful than others...
- •A guy breathing like Darth VaderNot on purpose...?
- •Mother/son disputeMother: no, honey, we can't get another smoothie today. We just got one. Son: fine, then, I'll just be at the drinking fountain, enjoying a completely free and VERY BORING DRINK OK (he looked about 4)
- •Middle-aged woman singing about goldfish in her cerealThe bathroom is very echoey and she was singing loudly from one of the stalls. So much for "library quiet"
- •"GET THE BEARS AND TAKE THE CAR"Unknown source
- •"Her face just bothers me, like, all day"Middle school girl "browsing books"
- •Someone's video game through their headphonesThey should really turn the volume down. Reading Aquinas is a little difficult when I constantly hear head-smashing, gunshots, screams, intense music....from the chair next to me