Paris Expectations vs. Reality
Sorry @Lisa_Fav I am very lame and took forever to make this list—so long, in fact, that I had to change the title as you suggested 😂 but you're great so I'm writing this for you! 😘
- •Expectation: the metro will be confusingReality: the metro is NOT confusing, it is so easy and great!! A little hot and / or smelly at times but overall so quick and the farthest I had to walk from a metro stop to a destination was 11 minutes! So nice to be able to hop on and off whenever and wherever.
- •E: the different "districts" will not be that distinctR: the numbered sections of Paris were not that distinct, at any time I could not tell you which I was in—I knew I was staying in the 6th but that's about it. But districts like the Latin District and the Marais felt very distinct to me, like each had its own character, which I loved!
- •E: my feet will not hurt that much.R: 20,000-30,000 steps a day.. My feet really did hurt that much. More than "that" much. My feet still hurt after being home and not walking much for 2 days, and I'm sure they'll hurt for about another week 😂😂
- •E: surely not *all* Parisians are THAT well-dressed?!R: yes, they are all flawless.
- •E: vintage clothes will be very expensive.R: I bought 2 vintage dresses and a vintage skirt for the cumulative price of another single vintage dress I own. 👏🏾
- •E: the Eiffel Tower will not be that cool from the ground.R: WOAH ITS ACTUALLY SO BIG AND PRETTY AND ICONIC I LOVE IT.
- •E: meeting @Lisa_Fav will be the best ever!!!R: MEETING LISA WAS THE BEST EVER. ❤️
- •E: meeting @mayla will be the best ever!!!R: MEETING MAYLA WAS THE BEST EVER. ❤️
- •E: the food will be goodR: YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW GOOD !!!
- •E: the pastries will be incredible but probably not life-changing, honestly.R: oh. my. goodness. The pastries. The best thing I had by far was a palmier from a local patisserie, I can't ever describe...the flaky, crusty, buttery, caramelised-sugar perfection. ❤️😍❤️😍❤️ my first day back, I woke up dreaming about palmiers. Literally dreaming about buying and eating palmiers.
- •E: 6 days will not be enough to see everything I want.R: I certainly did not see it all! Or even all the things on my list! But I felt like I got a really good mixture of touring/seeing landmarks/eating legendary food, as well as exploring the city/getting lost in the heritage/letting the culture sink in. I was super sad to leave and I miss it so much already but I had the time of my life. It didn't really sink in that I was going to PARIS until I was there and it was happening, but once it hit me for real, every moment was so beautiful ❤️