THINGS @GWCOFFEY JUST DID
My side of the story listed here: THINGS @IMC JUST DID
- •Looked at my Greek study guide for the monster quiz I have tomorrow
- •Said "do you pluralize things according to the Greek plural '-odes' all the time now that you know Greek?"(In the past we have discussed how the plural of "octopus", which is a word derived from Greek, is properly "octopodes" according to the Greek paradigm)
- •Made a joke about the English word "ode" and pluralizing it as such; "...and then when you have multiple odes, it would be 'odesodes"To which I replied that "ode" comes from Latin
- •Said "ohhh so the plural of ode must be odum"To which I replied "that's singular accusative!" (Because it is)
- •Looked at me with a mixture of bewilderment and amusement
- •Pointed & laughed at me, calling me a nerdIn conclusion, I think I may know more Latin and Greek than is absolutely necessary.