W's Greatest Hits
I miss hearing George W. Bush speak. Remember Letterman's "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches"? That was always hilarious! These are my favorites.
- •"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
- •"Too many good docs are getting out of he business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women across the country."
- •"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
- •"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."
- •"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."
- •"I'm the master of low expectations."
- •"People say, 'how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil?' You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say 'I love you.'"
- •"It's your money. You paid for it."
- •"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."
- •"They misunderestimated me."
- •"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me— you can't get fooled again."This one is my favorite. I quote it often.