Reasons why my co-workers are not working:
(while clocked in)
- •Gossip/NewsDid you hear...? They're either talking or looking up new articles about something they just heard.
- •Food is availableWhether it's potluck day, birthday, or leftover food from a meeting they weren't in, it's a reason they need to grab some food on the clock before it's all gone.
- •Computers/phones are downNo one thinks IT is important until the system goes down.
- •MeetingsIt's kind of difficult to do your job when you've been in meetings all day.
- •Old/absent coworker is visitingJust add a new baby and good luck getting work done as they hand the kid around.
- •LazinessThey just can't. Some of us don't run out of work to do, but they half-ass their way to being done more quickly. Guess who has to fix their lazy mistakes?