THE BEST BREAKFAST BURRITOS IN LOS ANGELES
Brioche buns, croissants, and Texas toast can GTFO because an eggy breakfast in a tortilla is our favorite eggwich of them all. Here are your best bets in LA.
- •Tacos Villa Corona - Atwater VillageNo artisanal ingredients here. Seasoned egg and cheese with your choice of meats, and fried potato or tortilla strips. Which one should you get? All of them, obviously.
- •La Azteca Tortilleria - East LAGargantuan belly bombs served in housemade tortillas, which may be the best flour tortillas in LA. Ask nicely and they will throw in a chili relleno with the potato and egg.
- •Cofax Coffee Shop - Fairfax DistrictParking is a pain, but it's very much worth it. Grilled top and bottom and some immaculate smoked potato make this a perfect snack on the way to work. Grab some for your coworkers and be a Real American Hero.
- •Square One - East HollywoodYou're gonna need to dine-in to eat this smothered beast. Fork and knife are a must. Also, grab the only fruit salad ever that makes you want to actually order a fruit salad.
- •The Oaks Gourmet - Hollywood HillsThis thing is an instrument of efficiency. Fried egg, sharp cheddar, crisp bacon, and julienned scallions. The only knock is that this is a BYO-hot sauce situation.
- •Coffee Commissary - Burbank location onlyThe brisket burrito is greasier than a store that sells grease and maybe had a spill or something. But the yolky goodness is worth it. If you can't take a nap immediately afterwards, though, opt for the veggie.
- •My Taco - Highland ParkNo nonsense and thick. Hit up the salsa bar for the killer avocado sauce.
- •Tere's - HollywoodThese hearty burritos will fall apart as you eat it. A messy affair likely to end in a stained shirt, a gassy body, and a huge smile on your face. They go heavy on the sour cream which is 100% not a complaint.
- •Cacao Mexicatessen - Eagle RockThe Disneyland of breakfast burrito spots - totally amazing unless it's a weekend or a holiday. Any other time, swing by for a chorizo, bacon, sausage links, or machaca burrito.