THE BEST THINGS TO EAT AT LA'S GRAND CENTRAL MARKET
This place is a scene, so go in with a plan. Here are our favorite dishes.
- 1.Margherita Plus from Olio PizzeriaA classic margherita, except loaded with burrata. Wear a bib because this is a delicious, runny mess. If you consider the wait time in your rankings (we do), this takes the top spot.
- 2.The Slut from EggslutWe're putting this at number 2 just because we hate that line with a passion. Egg, potatoes, poached in a jar. Get a side of bacon, crumble it in, and stir. Yes, it's as good as everyone says it is.
- 3.Belcampo Burger from Belcampo Meat Co.Of all of our "Best Burgers In LA" contenders, this one is the simplest. Beef, cheese, onion, and bun. Like a White Castle burger but without the intestinal issues.
- 4.Gai Yang from Sticky RiceThe BBQ chicken plate is amazing. A messy meal but worth it. Comes with a killer sweet sauce, some sticky rice, and a papaya salad.
- 5.Pastrami Sandwich from Wexler's DeliIt's not Langer's, but what is? You're not finding a better sandwich in GCM. Except the one ranked higher than this. Is a burger a sandwich?
- 6.Salted Caramel Chip from McConnell's Ice CreamCaramel ice cream with chocolate chips. I don't think I need to sell you on this thing. If you like tasty stuff, you should eat this.
- 7.Bloody Mary Bar from La CitaTechnically, this is just outside the market. And only on Sundays. But if you've ever wanted to pay $6 for a large glass of vodka, with barely enough room to fit in all the ridiculous toppings, NOT TO MENTION some Bloody Mary mix, all while enjoying the sun on the rundown patio of a bar that manages to resemble a Tarantino film by 3pm every afternoon... well, you should probably hit this up.
- 8.yeah what @stellastahl said! Any of the Falafel from MadcapraSuggested by @joshthecook
- 9.Almond Macadamia Cappuccino from G&BSuggested by @dandylyons