THE CLASSIC CHEAP EATS OF MALIBU'S PCH
Driving up the PCH is a classic summer move (and by summer, we mean all year because global warming and stuff). Here are the some good cheap eats to hit up on your way.
- •Neptune's NetThe classic. Prime people watching and a fantastic cup of clam chowder. An awesome 1950's vibe with a lot of 1970's bikers.
- •Malibu Seafood Fresh Fish MarketQuick, easy, and blissfully overlooked by tourists. Not to mention it's run by actual fishermen and fisherwomen, so it promises you the freshest meal.
- •Reel InnA short drive from downtown Santa Monica, the Cajun-style here is not to be missed.
- •Paradise Cove Beach CafeYes, it's a mess. And the food is mediocre. But you come here for the party and to eat with your feet literally in the sand. Just avoid it on the weekends.
- •Duke's Barefoot BarDuke's has been a staple of Malibu's fine dining scene, but the attached bar is all about fun in the sun. With a separate menu and damn good drink specials, this outdoor deck is not to be missed.
- •CholadaThis Thai place uses seven adjectives to describe one of the dishes—"funky, down-home, dry, thai red curry."Suggested by @therichdale