RELAX I FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET BEETS IN YOUR CSA BOX
I can't currently upload photos on the @list so you're just going to have to trust me.
- •Wash beets and greens. Chop up the greens. Peel the beets and slice them into very thin disks. About 1/8 inch.
- •Chop up a shallot. Melt some butter in a pan. (I used 3 TB - one for each large beet!). Sauté the shallot for a few minutes.
- •Toss in the beet disks/circles and sauté them until they become caramelized. About ten minutes. Maybe a little more.
- •Throw the chopped up greens in the pan and add a splash of white wine. 3 TB or so. Add a nice pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper. Stir! Turn heat down, cover, and let cook for about fifteen minutes. Check once in a while and it's getting too dry, add more wine or water.
- •Serve immediately with goat cheese crumbles. Or...
- •Throw it in the fridge, microwave it (w/o the cheese), throw it in a big bowl (cheese at this juncture, yes) and eat it in your pajamas on the couch with your dog while you watch the ROBH after work the next day.