5 Photos On My Camera Roll
I often go through my camera roll when I am waiting for my train to arrive or simply when I am waiting for lecture to start. I always find myself deleting many pictures since they aren't important to me anymore. Here are five pictures that haven't been deleted.
- 1.South Padre Island, Tx (January 2015)I participated in an Alternative Breaks trip at my university last year. We spent our time with a nonprofit called LUPE. They fight against injustices that the Latino community face. Before that, my small group went to the beach. We got to know each other by doing silly ice breakers. Of course, being the "photographer" that I am, I spent some time soaking everything in (ha, get it?). Coming from New York City, this had to be the one of the few times I saw water that was this clear.
- 2.A Mexican Taco... In Republika Srpska (July 2012)In high school, I went to Bosnia and Herzegovina to work with youth. Of course, in trips like these, you have to go out to restaurants everyday! When I heard that we were going to a Mexican restaurant, I was hyped (I am from Mexican descent). As I looked at the restaurant's menu, I realized that it wasn't authentic at all. I ordered a taco and wasn't too happy (see picture). Having some faith in the restaurant, I asked if they had Mexican drinks like "Jarritos". They said they only had tequila.
- 3.Art (June 2015)Before the temporary exhibit "Obliteration Room" by Yayoi Kusama, I had not been an art appreciator. After viewing this in person, I cannot say that anymore. Then again, who could?
- 4.Caffeine (Once every few Fridays, 2015)The culture at university is to have your dose of caffeine now and then. Thankfully, I have made friends that take me to several coffee shops around the city. Slowly but surely, I am learning where the best coffee shops are. (Hint: Gregory's Coffee near Bryant Park)
- 5.Love Wall (October 2015)Going to school in Greenwich Village has to be a privilege. Not everybody can wander off a little and find pretty art.